Brightside Academy offers a Getting to Know You to all new families within 45 days of enrollment. The meeting covers 1) Brightside Academy
introduction and history; 2) academy staff introduction and child room assignments; 3) Brightside Academy’s Home Connections Program; 4)
Review of the Family Handbook and state regulations; and 5) Keystone STARs requirements (Pennsylvania only)
To request a meeting, return the attached meeting request form to your academy director. If you decline the meeting you will be required to
completed the child information section below return it to your academy director within 45 days of enrollment. Contact your academy director or
1-877-868-CARE with questions.
By signing I acknowledge I have read, understand and agree to follow the Getting to Know You program.
Academy Director’s Signature
MEETING REQUEST: Parents can request a meeting the academy director within 45 days from your child’s enrollment date
I would like to request a Getting to Know You meeting with my child’s academy director at the academy location. I understand that this meeting will take place 45 days from the date of my child’s enrollment date.
Choice #1: Date
Choice #2: Date
I decline the option of having a Getting to Know You meeting with the academy director at my child’s academy location. I will completed the below sections and return this form to the academy director within 45 days of my child’s enrollment date.
PARENT/GUARDIAN INFORMATION This section provides Brightside Academy with vital information on your expectations, desires and information you feel we need to know about your child.
Tell us the best way to contact you Home NumberMobile NumberWork NumberEmail
1. What are your expectations of Brightside Academy’s program?
2. Is there a particular aspect of Brightside Academy’s education program especially important to your family?
3. Is there information about your family’s culture, ethnicity, language or religion that is important for us to know (celebrations, dietary
4. Would you and/or your family like to be a resource for any cultural awareness activities?YESNO
5. Are you interested in volunteer opportunities in our classrooms? YESNO
Provide additional information you feel is important for Brightside Academy to know to provide the best possible care for your child.
CHILD INFORMATION The section provides Brightside Academy with information on your child’s likes, dislikes and special needs. Complete this section to the best of your knowledge.
1. Describe your child’s likes and dislikes.
2. List the activities your child enjoys (reading, tummy time, music, playing outdoors, etc.)
3. List your child’s favorite toys.
4. Does your child respond to a nickname? YESNOIf yes, what is it?
5. Does your child have allergies? YESNO
If yes please list:
How is the allergy treated?
6. What is your child’s schedule?
7. Is your child toilet trained? YESNO Are there any tips you would like to give us to aid in this training?
CHILD WITH SPECIAL NEEDS INFORMATION The section provides Brightside Academy with information on your child’s likes, dislikes and
special needs. Complete this section to the best of your knowledge.
1. Does your child have special needs (medical, developmental, social, mental health, etc.)? YESNO If yes, please complete this section.
2. List your child’s special needs.
3. Does your child have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or an Individual Family Service (IEFS)? YESNO If yes, provide us with a copy of the plan so we can provide the best possible learning experience for your child.
4. List all programs and/or individuals who work with your child in regard to the above needs. Will you sign a release of information with the program/individual so we may communicate with them about how to provide enhanced support for your child? YESNO