Why Brightside Academy
What sets us apart from typical child care services is our commitment to serving children of all families with quality preschool and school readiness programs. Our modern facilities, nutritious menus, and qualified staff members create a stimulating learning environment to foster your child’s development. Here’s why we are the best option for early education and child care.
Some elements of our environment include:
- Safety: Secure entrances and exits, sign-in and sign-out journals, dedicated janitorial and maintenance techs
- Classroom Layout: Education suites, educational and age appropriate learning and play supplies, books, blocks, sand and art materials; appropriate teacher to student ratios
- Purposeful Play: Indoor and/or outdoor gyms; creative and engaging activities
- Family Partnerships: Collaborative, positive relationship between teachers, children and families; experienced academy leadership; family communication and feedback processes
Convenient Locations and Hours
Brightside Academy Ohio operates 13 locations throughout Ohio, including two in Akron, four in Cleveland, four in Columbus, and three in Toledo. For your convenience, our academies are found near schools, public transportation, convenience stores, and other local amenities. Accommodating hours of operation help ensure your child is learning and being cared for when you need it most.
Our Steps to Success curriculum is designed to promote kindergarten readiness in infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. The key components of Steps to Success include:
- State-of-the-art child development and learning programs
- Monthly learning modules
- Weekly lesson plans
- Family partnership to complement classroom activities
- Child progress reports
Quality and Credentials
Brightside Academy is committed to achieving the highest quality credentials in each state we serve. Many of our locations have achieved high ratings under state initiatives focused on improving early childhood education, including Ohio’s Step Up to Quality.
Our staff is professionally trained and qualified to work in child care and early education. We employ experienced academy management and teaching professionals; many with degrees in early childhood education. All employees are hired in compliance with state requirements and qualifications as a base minimum. We provide our staff with ongoing professional development opportunities to continually improve their skills and techniques to help children learn better.
Our menus meet the nutrition standards of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. We participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) to improve the diets of our preschool children and develop activities to help them acquire healthy eating habits. Each day, depending on age, your child will receive:
- High-quality infant formula
- Gerber baby food and cereal for infants
- A nourishing lunch and/or dinner, and
- A healthy morning snack
Convenient Payment Options
Brightside Academy offers the convenience to pay by credit card, money orders, checks, or cash. In addition, we accept childcare vouchers and subsidies from most government-funded programs such as:
- OH: Title XX
- Private Pay
We reward our families with $100 for each new referred family who enrolls – up to $600 per year! There are more benefits than you realize when you refer families: Make a positive impact on a child’s kindergarten readiness; reassure your child with familiar, trusted faces while you are away; and bring quality child care and peace of mind to family and friends while they work or study. Refer a relative or friend to an academy today!