Thursday, September 20, 2018 was an amazing day for families at Brightside Academy Ohio. Fathers and father figures from all our Brightside Academy Ohio locations accompanied their children to school as they participated in the Cuyahoga County Annual Fathers Walk event.
Our kids and their family were ecstatic.
The Fathers Walk is sponsored by the Cuyahoga County Fatherhood Initiative. The mission is create a healthy engagement between fathers, male mentors and their children by bringing them to school and creating valuable time together. This year, we honored dad by rolling out the red carpet, photographing them with their kids and providing juice and donuts.
Additionally, as part of the experience each father and father-figure filled out a pledge card and were encouraged to uphold it year round:
- I am responsible for the education of my child.
- I will encourage all children to do their best every day at school.
- I will speak to my child about the value of learning and the importance of reaching your potential.
- I will help with school work and review assignments for completion.
- I will praise my child when he/she does well in school.
- I will speak with my child’s teachers and support them in educating my child.
- I will teach my child the value of education and the value of family.
- I will work with my child’s mother or guardian to achieve the best academic and social outcomes for my child even if I do not live with my child
Brightside Academy Ohio was honored and excited to take part in this special event, celebrated once-a-year because we know the impact it has on the young scholars will last a lifetime.