Summer Camp for Children
About Summer Camp
Brightside Academy Ohio offers an engaging summer camp program for school-age children from June through August. Our summer camp program provides a variety of hands-on experiences that encourage critical thinking, problem solving, innovation, creativity, and collaboration. Enriching teacher-led projects stimulate child discovery through small and large group activities.
Summer is one of the most exciting times of the year for school-age children and every year the kids in our summer camp program have a great time. In last year’s end of summer survey, 76% of the children said they had a fun time and 3 out of 4 shared they would like to return to the program the following year! Here are some of their comments:
“Summer camp was awesome!” – Ohio child
Enrolling Your Child
Call us at (216)313-0429 today or visit an academy to GET STARTED! Families with children who are currently enrolled in Brightside Academy’s before- and after-school programs should talk to their academy director about signing up for the program.
When you enroll your child, the program fees include:
- One free summer camp t-shirt for field trips
- Free nutritious meals and snacks daily
- Field trip costs (transportation, food, etc.)
Exciting Weekly Themes
This year’s summer camp experience is taking our children around the world and into space. We will be celebrating the fine arts as well as the art of storytelling. Hands-on experiences, interesting discussions, performances, and creative activities and games will provide a camp environment focused on personal growth, enrichment, and FUN! Some of the weekly themes summer camp children will explore this year include Leadership and Teamwork, Superheroes, Engineering, Through the Decades, Summer Olympics, and Celebrating a Summer of Successes.
Fun Daily Experiences
The children will experience fun-filled days through a balanced approach to self-discovery and learning, active play and rest, as well as indoor and outdoor experiences taking into account each child’s needs. A substantial portion of the day will include opportunities for active, hands-on discovery in all areas of the classroom as well as the outdoors.
Field Trips They Love
Throughout the summer, fun and engaging field trips enhance the children’s learning. We are finalizing the trip schedule for 2018. Below is a list of some of the fun trips our kids enjoyed in 2017:
- Akron, OH Summer Camp Trips: Ft. Island/Griffith Park, Interactive Water Fountains, McKinley Museum, Akron Art Museum, Maple Valley Library (The Bubble Lady, Magician Rick Smith, Rockin’ Robots, African Drum Show with Elec Simon, and Mad Science)
- Cleveland, OH Summer Camp Trips: Cleveland Zoo, Preston HOPE Park, Science Center, Hale Farm and Village, Cleveland Museum of Art, Metro Park, and Lake Erie Crushers
- Columbus, OH Summer Camp Trips: Blacklick Woods Metro Park, Scioto Mile, Barnett Park, Galaxy Golf, Audubon, Goodale, Cooke, Krumm, and Three Creeks Parks
We look forward to having your child in our program this summer. Call (216) 313-0429 for additional program details!